5 Signs It’s Time To Ditch Your Old Dump Body For An Upgrade
We Mainers have a well earned reputation for getting the most life out of our work equipment. But there comes a time in any vehicle’s or accessory’s life when we start throwing good money after bad. At Messer, we do a lot of work to help keep our customer’s rigs on the road and working hard. We know how much down time costs both in dollars and reputation. Over the years, we’ve gotten pretty good at pinpointing the time when you might want to trade your old equipment for a more reliable choice. When it comes to truck bodies, here are the top five:
- Incessant hydraulic leaks. There comes a point where replacing seals and hydraulic hoses cost more than it’s worth.
- The bed gets stuck in the up or down position.
- The body looks like Swiss cheese because it has so many holes in it.
- The unit consistently screeches during operation.
- Rusted out. The damage is so bad that body work isn’t feasible.
Are you considering replacing your truck body?
Make an appointment with Messer. We’ll inspect your truck body and give you an honest evaluation of where you stand. In some cases, we may be able to help you squeeze out another season. If you do need to change your truck bed, we may have a used one in stock or we can help you choose a brand new one for your rig. If you buy a new or used truck body from us, we’ll remove your old one, pay the disposal fee and install it with an eye toward getting you back on the road as quickly as possible. Contact us for more details.