As soon as November hits, just a couple of weeks away, the snow will hit as well, according to the pretty reliable Old Farmer’s Almanac and other sources.
In Maine, and especially here at Messer Truck Equipment, we know a lot about one of the most important things that snow means: snow removal.
We’re ready, and we want to make sure you are too. Our annual free Plow Clinic will run from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15. It’s our chance to connect with our customers, who can benefit greatly from:
- A free plow inspection, to identify any work that needs to be done before it snows.
- A free plow oil change.
- Free greasing of electrical connections.
You’ll also have a chance to check out our new showroom and talk with our sales staff to learn about our other products – yes, we do sell a lot more than plows! – and our services, including our new Preventative Maintenance Program, designed to extend the life of your equipment.
We’ve put together a short video
(also located at the bottom of this blog post) showing how we installed a custom Fisher plow and will be happy to talk with you further about the details on Saturday – or anytime. In the meantime, here are the basic steps for installing a plow:
- Preparing the vehicle for service (removing bumpers, grills, shrouds, etc.)
- Installing a wiring harness on the vehicle
- Installing push plates (what the plow attaches to) on the vehicle
- Assembling the blade
- Mounting the blade to the vehicle
- Verifying function and fit and adjusting headlights
We hope you’ll stop by and take advantage of this valuable free clinic on Saturday. And if you’d like to stick around for a while, please do – you won’t go hungry. We’ll have free doughnuts and coffee in the morning and free hotdogs at lunch.
For more information, please call us at 854-9751, visit us at messertruckequipment.com
, or stop by our showroom at 170 Warren Ave., in Westbrook, Maine.