Need a Lift?
Messer Truck Equipment Has the Right Liftgate for Every Vehicle and Every Job
Adding a liftgate to a delivery vehicle makes sense for many reasons including the safety and efficiency of your delivery teams. A liftgate does all the heavy lifting, so your crew isn’t struggling to get their cargo on and off the truck.
The number of workplace accidents caused by lifting and bending on the job are staggering. According to OSHA, “Workers frequently cite the weight and bulkiness of objects that they lift as major contributing factors to their injuries. In 1999, for example, more than 420,000 workplace accidents resulted in back injuries. Bending, followed by twisting and turning, were the more commonly cited movements that caused back injuries.”
That statistic alone drives home the reasons to consider having a liftgate installed on your vehicle. But a liftgate will also speed up the loading and unloading of the vehicle, so you can often schedule more deliveries into each day.
Ready to consider liftgates for your vehicle or fleet?
There are several factors to consider, including:
- What you typically lift.
- How much your typical pick-up and delivery cargo weighs.
- The platform size you’ll need.
- The height your lift needs to cover.
- The different styles available (some tuck underneath the cargo area, some replace the tailgate, some are mounted on rails).
- The best liftgate material for your application. Most liftgates are made from one of two materials. Steel has been around the longest and is exceptionally durable. Galvanized steel liftgates have become very popular over the last few years because they provide added corrosion resistance. Aluminum liftgates are the other primary choice. They offer corrosion-resistant performance and, because they are lighter, also offer improved gas mileage.
As always, if you live in northern New England, the team at Messer Truck Equipment is ready to help you choose the best liftgate(s) for you, then expertly install them. Please contact us anytime to schedule an appointment.